Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yes -- Naval Battle

I wasn't expecting to have any time to have an entry today -- and really don't, come to that -- but I thought I'd confirm in case anyone asked that yes, I'm debating Richard Carrier on April 9 at Amador Christian Center in Sacramento, CA. Subject is basically NT textual reliability -- Wallace vs Ehrman Lite is about what I'd expect.

No, my sentiments on debates haven't changed. But the invitation will give my beloved Mrs H a chance to see an elderly uncle she probably won't get to see again, so I put my reservations aside for this one.

Link to church events page.

7 comments:

  1. Sure - blame the better half, why don't you ;)

    Sounds interesting though. Any idea if it'll be put online afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, common, debates aren't all bad: they can be great entertainment. Have you heard the Loftus/D'souza debate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but on TWeb word is that John sounded like he'd had a few before he started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this is mean but you should point out if you can how Carrier's book promoting the Christ Myth is bound to be used by anti semitics to promote their arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be fodder for a different debate... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt Carrier would care cash is cash not like he has any credibility to lose :)

    ReplyDelete